Climbing Iztaccihuatl Volcano
Izta Popo National Park
Spanish and English
Hiking Trip to the Summit of Iztaccihuatl
Mountaineering in Iztaccihuatl
This wonderful excursion is perfect for people who like challenges. The Izta-Popo National Park is a natural area protected by the Mexican government and recognized for its great diversity and the richness of its ecosystems. On this tour, you will be able to see the active Popocatépetl volcano up close and hike to the top of the inactive Iztaccihuatl volcano.
In this challenge, you will be with our certified mountain guide by the government. Our adventure begins in the magical town of Amecameca to eat a delicious breakfast, then we continue the trip to the «Paso de Cortés» National Park. We will set up our base camp in «La Joyita», a place where most of the excursions to the top of the mountain usually begin, and we will do an acclimatization walk. This day we will have dinner after 6 pm (included).
Our trip to the summit begins at dawn, once we have breakfast (included) we will climb about 5,230 meters above sea level to the highest point of Iztaccihuatl. You will be amazed by the unbelievable views of the craters of the «Sleeping Woman» or Iztaccihuatl, which is a set of 7 inactive volcanoes. We will appreciate this accomplishment, and you will be able to take incredible pictures of the views. We return to the base camp around 4 pm and 6 pm, where we shall eat and return to the starting point.
- Excursions available from Mexico City
- This is a private tour, reserve with your partner, friends, family or even if you are a solo traveler
- Book anytime from Monday to Sunday
- This tour is not suitable for people with hypertension, diabetes, heart problems, severe joints. It is only possible if these health problems are controlled
- Terms and Conditions
- Round trip transportation from Mexico City
- Tickets and Admissions
Helmet with lamp, poles, crampons
- Mountain Guides Certified by Mexico government
- Adventure & Sports Travel Insurance
- 1 meal at the base camp and 1 breakfast at the base camp
THE TRIP DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Breakfast in Amecameca
2nd day meal
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Maximum age: 65 years (with good physical condition)
- Jacket, sweater and long-sleeved shirt
- Quick-drying hiking pants or lycras
- Mountain boots
- Backpack and sunscreen
- *More information is provided when booking
There are 3 ways to make reservations:
Click on the «Book Now» button, you can choose the day you prefer and enter your card details securely, a payment receipt will automatically be sent to your email.
PayPal (+6%) Payments made through PayPal have a surcharge of 6% which must be added to the amount before sending. Payments have to be sent to email@example.com
Contact us via WhatsApp, phone or mail, and we will reserve the date for you. We send you a payment link, your payment receipt, and that’s it!
*We accept credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, payment market, cash (oxxo).
- We pick you up from the hotel or address provided in Mexico City
- We arrive at Amecameca and eat breakfast
- We arrive at Paso de Cortes National Park
- We’ll set up our base camp in La Joyita
- We start a walk to acclimatize
- We try to sleep for the second day
- We wake up and have breakfast
- We begin the ascent.
- We get to the top of Iztaccihuatl. You can enjoy this mission accomplished and take incredible photos
- We return to the camp
- We’ll return to the same starting point in Mexico City
+52 222 8601743 – Customer service and sales
firstname.lastname@example.org – Customer service, reservations and sales