Climbing Pico de Orizaba
Pico de Orizaba National Park
Spanish and English
Guided tour of the Pico de Orizaba mountain
Enjoy the incredible experience of climbing the summit of the highest inactive volcano in Mexico, the Citlaltépetl or better known as the «Pico de Orizaba» at about 5,636 meters above sea level.
Climbing to the top of the Pico de Orizaba is a big challenge and a memorable experience.Climb the last glacier of the volcano, the «Japapa Glacier» on the northern side.This inactive volcano also called «Citlaltepetl» is the tallest volcano in North America.It is a private tour and begins in the city of Puebla where we will pick you up at your hotel or address provided, we will arrive in Tlachichuca, Puebla to change vehicles for a 4×4, arriving at the refuge we will camp to acclimatize, and we’ll start the hike to the summit at dawn. We provide personalized counselling for each detail of the visit.
- Excursions available from Puebla
- This is a private tour, reserve with your partner, friends, family or even if you are a solo traveler
- No experience necessary
- Book anytime from Monday to Sunday
- Pickup from your hotel or address provided
- This tour is not suitable for people with hypertension, diabetes, heart problems, severe joints. It is only possible if these health problems are controlled
- Terms and Conditions
- Round trip transportation from Puebla city
- Tickets and Admissions
- Tent and kitchen service
- Food and hydration in the base camp
- Mountain equipment
- Certified mountain guides
- Adventure & Sports Travel Insurance
(It is possible to rent the clothing, footwear, sleeping bag and front lamp with an extra cost)
THE TRIP DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Sleeping bag
- Clothing or footwear
- Front lamp
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum age: 60 years
- Comfortable shoes or tennis
- Comfortable pants and shirt
- Wear clothes to swim in the waterfalls (optional)
There are 3 ways to make reservations:
Click on the «Book Now» button, you can choose the day you prefer and enter your card details securely, a payment receipt will automatically be sent to your email.
PayPal (+6%) Payments made through PayPal have a surcharge of 6% which must be added to the amount before sending. Payments have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us via WhatsApp, phone or mail, and we will reserve the date for you. We send you a payment link, your payment receipt, and that’s it!
*We accept credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, payment market, cash (oxxo).
- 8:00 am We pick you up from your hotel
- 12:00 pm We arrive at the “Piedra Grande” Refuge at 4,200m.b.s.l. and have a rest
- 12:30 pm We eat a light meal (included)
- 1:30 pm We do an acclimatization walk, and we deliver the personal technical equipment: helmets, harness, crampons, ice ax, hiking poles. The mountain guide gives an explanation of how they are used and how to adjust them
- 5:30 pm We have dinner (included)
- 6:00 pm Free time to rest
- 7:00 pm We try to sleep for the second day
- 12:00 a.m We wake up
- 12:30 a.m We have breakfast (included)
- 1:00 am We begin the ascent. The total time of ascent and descent is approximately 12 hours (8 hours of ascent and 4 hours of descent). Depends on the weather, terrain and the physical condition of the group.
- 9:00 am We get to the top of «Pico de Orizaba». You can enjoy this mission accomplished and take incredible photos
- 1:00 pm We return to the camp
- 1:30 pm We have a light meal (included)
- 2:00pm-3pm We go to Tlachichuca to change vehicles and return to Puebla
- 5-6pm We are in Puebla
NOTE: Sometimes the return is at 8 or 9 pm due to traffic, weather and other unrelated factors.
+52 222 8601743 – Customer service and sales
email@example.com – Customer service, reservations and sales