calvario orizaba peak tour
Get ready to hike an unexplored trail in Pico de Orizaba volcano! On this tour our local adventure guide will lead you along the nooks and crannies of dirt trails to mesmerizing views.
You’ll walk along a path marked, the route is a gentle slope and as you hike, your mountain guide will share facts about plants, trees and nature of Pico de Orizaba National Park.
As we climb, the views of the volcano and its summit will be clearer, as there will be fewer trees.
After around 9 km we will arrive at a site called El Calvario, where there is a viewpoint on the limits of Puebla and Veracruz. In this viewpoint you will have wonderful views of mountains and valleys. In the distance there’re are some mines of obsidian, a black stone widely used in pre-Hispanic times by ancient Mexicans to make spears and other tools.
Come with us and book for this great adventure! Check out the video of this hiking tour!
- Excursions available from Puebla city or Cholula
- Private tour, book with tour partner, family, friends or even if you are a solo traveler
- Pickup from you hotel, Airbnb, hostal or address provided
- Book anytime from Monday to Sunday and choose any level
- This tour is not suitable for people with hypertension, diabetes, heart problems, severe joints or pregnant women
- Note: Acclimatization to altitude is very helpful for this tour. Take 2 or 3 days in Puebla city or Mexico city before taking this tour
- Terms and conditions
- Round trip transportation from Puebla city
- Tickets and admissions
- Hiking equipment
- Professional mountain guides
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Food and drinks
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum age: 68 years
- To stay comfortable in the mountain, you need to DRESS IN LAYERS. It is recommended to bring 3 layers:
- Layer. Long sleeve shirt DRYFIT
- Layer. Vest, sweatshirt or a thin jacket to keep you warm. E.g. PolarTec
- Layer. Protective clothing from rain and/or wind (waterproof)
- WEAR normal pants (like leggings) or hiking pants.
- Tennis shoes, trail runners or hiking shoes
- 25 to 35 liter backpack
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, buff and a hat
There are 3 ways to make reservations:
Website. Click on the “Book Now” button, you can choose the day you prefer and enter your card details securely, a payment receipt will automatically be sent to your email.
Payment Link. Contact us via WhatsApp (+52 222 8601743), phone or mail, and we will reserve the date for you. We send you a payment link, your payment receipt, and that’s it!
PayPal (+6%) Payments made through PayPal have a surcharge of 6% which must be added to the amount before sending. Payments have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We accept credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, payment market, cash (oxxo).
- Pickup in your hotel, Airbnb, hostal or address in Puebla city or Cholula
- We arrive in Tlachichuca and Miguel Hidalgo in Puebla. Our mountain guide give us instructions and we eat our breakfast.
- Ready? You start the hiking tour and visit the wonderful waterfalls in Pico de Orizaba volcano
- We come back to the vehicle
- We return to the same starting point in Puebla City or Cholula
+52 222 8601743 – Customer service and sales
email@example.com – Customer service, reservations and sales